Lynda Swoveland

10:52 AM Posted by CANBlog



I first learned about Cornerstone from a referral from the Waco Christian Women's Job Corps executive director. When she found out we were moving to the North Richland Hills area, she told me I needed to look up Kristen Horton, who was, at the time, the site coordinator for the Cornerstone Christian Women's Job Corps.
I began volunteering at Cornerstone CWJC in September 2009. I taught the Life Skills/Personal Development classes to the women. I love teaching the women - I am so blessed by their lives and their intelligence. I feel God is truly using me and my talents now to serve him. I also serve as a volunteer on the Cornerstone CWJC Advisory Council and love doing that as well. The thing I love most about volunteering at Cornerstone are the women I meet and hearing their stories and how many of them have come from very adverse backgrounds but want a better life for themselves and their families. I love sharing what God has done for me in my life and what He wants to do for them. You will be blessed if you are looking for a rewarding volunteer position by serving at Cornerstone CWJC. We desperately need Christian women who would be willing to devote an hour or so each week to mentoring our students. This is such a blessing to do this and I speak from personal experience. Call Kristen Horton for more information on volunteering. Better yet, sign up for the August 6 mentor training class at Cornerstone! Lynda Swoveland CAN Volunteer (2009 - Present)

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments:

Post a Comment