Betty Best

10:41 AM Posted by CANBlog




I first heard about Cornerstone from my daughter, Beckie Hinze, who was volunteering in the Christian Women's Job Corps program. I chose to volunteer my time because of the scope of your ministry at CAN, especially Christian Women's Job Corps. I taught a Bible study class for CWJC, and now I volunteer each Friday at the reception desk.

In April, donations made in my honor were used to establish a legacy fund for women completing the CWJC program. I enjoy volunteering at Cornerstone because of the realization of making a difference in people's lives...and getting to know the men and women of God who serve there.

If I could say one thing to someone considering becoming a Cornerstone Volunteer, I would say, "It is a great ministry with so many different areas of service...give it a try...you will be blessed. I always get many thank-yous for doing nothing but answering the phone...you will be appreciated, no matter what you can - or can't - do!"

Betty Best, CAN Volunteer (2007- Present)
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments:

Post a Comment