Charlotte Philips

11:06 AM Posted by CANBlog





I first heard about Cornerstone when my husband was in a Bible Study with Mike Doyle, who put us on CAN's mailing list. I decided to volunteer for Cornerstone because I saw a chance to help people. I've been a receptionist here since 2010. I answer phones and greet guests. Recently, I had the opportunity to supervise a group of volunteer teenagers working on Cornerstone's landscaping. The thing I enjoy most about volunteering at Cornerstone is the positive attitude of the people- happy energy! One thing I would say to anyone considering becoming a CAN Volunteer is that there are many ways to get involved from a little bit to a lot. God seldom sends people to your door needing your help; you have to put yourself out there where they are. Cornerstone has a constant supply of people with a variety of needs. Everyone has something to offer.

Charlotte Philips (CAN Volunteer 2010 - Present)
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments:

Post a Comment