11:54 AM Posted by CANBlog


We have many
volunteers at Cornerstone, and God uses them mightily to accomplish His plans. Sheila Daniels, who volunteers with New Creations and The Promise House, wrote this and we wanted to share it with you as National Volunteer Month comes to an end.

First, I thank you, Lord, for everything you have done in my life- especially in the last three months. Thank you for always being there for me in good and bad times. Your faithfulness is why volunteering my time to help others is so important to me.

I’ve never before felt so strongly that I was in the right place at the right time. God is so good for bringing Coyletta Govan back into my life as my mentor. Her spirit works overtime for everyone, especially for women- which is perfect, because Coyletta is the Housing Coordinator for The Promise House, a loving home environment for women released from prison.

Since Coyletta came back into my life, I’ve begun volunteering at The Promise House and I cannot say enough about it. The women who live there are changing their lives and working hard to better themselves. I’ve learned much each of them, and through God they have stolen my heart. Every woman is different, but I love them all. I am excited to say they are well equipped in God’s word, which is very important.

After church one Sunday, we went to The Promise House and had dinner with the ladies before painting most of the house. What a wonderful afternoon filled with love and laughter! My spirit led me to go to work the next day and take off the rest of the week to help Coyletta and Lori wherever they needed me. So I did. I would get there every morning as early as possible and stay until it was time for all volunteers to leave. Let me tell you, I enjoyed every minute of cleaning, painting, cooking, and making sure the women had transportation to get around. I’ve never felt my spirit jump up so high because of the joy in my heart. God has shown me my purpose in ministry and in life is working for Him as a volunteer at The Promise House. I love volunteering to help anyway God leads me to do so.


Thank you, Father God, for the week I had with my sisters at the Promise House. It was truly amazing. I love every woman in the house with all my heart. I know that The Promise House is just the beginning of what God is getting ready to do through Cheryl, Kelly, and my mentor, Coyletta Govan. The power she has in women’s ministry is God-sent. I am happy to be a part of the new creation of the Promise House. I give God all the glory.


Sincerely,


Sheila Daniels
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments:

Post a Comment